The Angel of Water® Surround, a gravity-fed open design, is the premier colon hydrotherapy system and is the first choice for hospitals around the world. Whether used prior to endoscopic or radiological exams, as a pre-operative preparatory procedure, or for evacuation of an impacted colon, the Angel of Water® is the safest, simplest, and most effective solution.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is colon hydrotherapy safe? Yes. In fact, Angel of Water sessions are much safer and easier than common enemas.
- How does a colon hydrotherapy treatment compare to an enema? An enema only reaches the rectum and lower part of the colon, whereas colon hydrotherapy reaches the entire length of the colon and is much more effective. According to learned centenarian Dr. Norman Walker, “one colon irrigation is equivalent to 30 enemas.”
- Do the treatments hurt? No. In fact, many people report their colon hydrotherapy sessions being both refreshing and relaxing.
- How much of the intestine is actually cleansed during a colon hydrotherapy treatment? It is possible to cleanse the entire length of the colon during a professionally administered session. The small intestine is not specifically involved, however, the small intestine may be cleansed with the help of an oral intestinal cleanser.
- Are there any contraindications to colon hydrotherapy using the Angel of Water? If you have a concern about your health or a questions about whether colon hydrotherapy is appropriate for you, you should consult your physician or licensed healthcare practitioner. Contraindications for the use of the Angel of Water include, but may not be limited to recent colon, rectal or abdominal surgery, congestive heart failure, intestinal perforations, carcinoma of the rectum, fissures or fistula, severe hemorrhoids, abdominal hernia, renal insufficiency, first or last trimester of pregnancy and cirrhosis of the liver. Professionally administered colon hydrotherapy is otherwise very safe.
- Is there any possibility of bacterial or viral contamination from prior use of the colon hydrotherapy equipment? The Angel of Water system uses single-use, sterile rectal nozzles. The use of sterile disposables coupled with the implementation of the Angel of Water’s multi-stage sanitation protocol with EPA registered disinfectants leaves no danger of contamination.
- How long does a session take? Actual session time is about 30-40 minutes, but you should plan on about 1 ½ hours for your first consultation with session.
- Does having a menstrual period at the time of a colon hydrotherapy session have any effect on the experience? No. Some consider it a good time to have a session since your body is already cleansing. Your flow will not interfere with the success of the session. However, some women prefer to wait until after their period is over to do a cleansing session.
- What should I do to prepare for a colon hydrotherapy cleansing? Refrain from eating about 2 hours before the cleansing, be as relaxed as possible and maintain a positive, cheerful attitude.
- Will I experience any intestinal discomfort or fatigue after the cleansing? Usually not, but everyone is different. Some report a slight feeling of tiredness, but this is similar to the feeling you have after exercising vigorously. After a session, sipping warm liquids is usually very soothing. If you have concerns, consult your colon hydrotherapist.
- Can I work directly after having colon hydrotherapy? Yes. You can work just as you would after a regular bowel movement.
- Will I be left alone during the Angel of Water colon hydrotherapy session? No. A certified Angel of Water practitioner will be monitoring you throughout the session for both your comfort and safety.
Three Key Points for Colon Hydrotherapy using the Angel of Water CM-1®
- Hydration Delivers water safely and comfortably to irrigate the colon.
- Activation Hydration activates peristalsis of the colon.
- Peristalsis Evacuates the contents of the colon.